Thursday, February 28, 2013

How to get Flash for Android, without rooting

Big Fish

Struggling to get Flash working on your Android device? This is because Flash is longer supported on Android phones and tablets. HTML5 beat Adobe Flash in the mobile war last August when the company said it was ceasing development of Flash for mobile devices. To make it worse issue, the Flash plugin has been deleted based on the play by Google store and many browsers who had already worked with blocked Flash.

The announcement was a disappointment to me because many of my favorite sites still need Flash. You probably have your own reason for wanting to Flash, after all, 100 million installations may not be bad. I recently got a new phone (a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android Jelly bean 4.1.1) and I wanted to watch some competitive games on Justin.tv. I also wanted to do without having to download a mobile app Justin.tv call me stubborn, but I want my phone's browser for exactly the same that the browser runs on my laptop.

In the past, I've had good luck with the Dolphin browser, so I thought this would be my ticket to a full browser experience. I was wrong. When I got to the top of the latest version of Dolphin, I was struck with something to the effect of:


Flash works fine on my Kindle Fire with browser Dolphin, why they had to take away a good thing?

After much consternation, I found a solution that worked: the Photon Flash Player & browser Appsverse, Inc.

After downloading the app, I was watching on Hulu and YouTube Flash videos in a few seconds. Reading has been rapid, the experience has been stable and I was streaming video heaven!

Photon browser apparently works for iPad and iPhone also:


At the moment, the Flash is an essential element of a desktop-like browsing experience. It is ubiquitous, and the ability of the browser Dolphin to activate or deactivate the Flash on the fly was fantastic. Now that this option no longer exists, Photon was the best that I could find. I also heard this Dolphin 8.5.1 APK peacekeeping and Flash 11.1 APK in your Dropbox is an another convenient way to ensure that you can get it when you go to your next phone. Let me know in the comments section below, if you know of other ways to get Flash on your smartphone or your android tablet. Happy streaming!

Conor is a Marketing Manager with Big Fish, working out of the Seattle Office. In his free time, he enjoys watching documentaries, science and adventure game from the old school games. Get in touch with him on Twitter! or Google +.

Looking for great games? Visit Big Fish Games


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment